I think most knitters have a certain habit of starting more projects than they finish. I’m certainly no exception to this. Having finished up two small projects recently, I have spent countless hours in the last few days searching Ravelry for my next big knit. I’m really trying to convince myself that the sweater I’ve been ignoring for a year, that is 90% finished, is just as exciting as a new Brooklyn Tweed pattern. The last few months, I have done well, and finished up several projects that had deadlines or had spend rather too much time at the bottom of the knitting basket. Here’s how I stand:
1. Skiff Toque by Jared Flood. Yarn: Shelter
2. Pyukkleen Cowl by Ysolda Teague. Yarn: Jamieson Heather Aran
1. Hermione’s Everyday Socks by Erica Lueder. Yarn: Plucky Feet and Malabrigo Sock
Finished one sock a year ago. I finally got going on #2 recently. The plan is to finish these up first, before anything else gets started.
2. Rolling Rock by Thea Colman. Yarn: The Fibre Company Savannah DK
This sweater has been sitting untouched since about June. I had only pre-caked a few skeins and when it became time to cake some more to keep going, I… uh… got distracted by something shiny? I’d actually really like to finish this one.
3. Stria by Bristol Ivy. Yarn: The Fibre Company Acadia
I am so close to being done this sweater, and yet I haven’t touched it in over a year. All that is left is the I-cord bind off, but I just know how tedious it is going to be and, well, here we are.
1. There’s a Grasshopper sitting on my shelf, which was cast on in March of 2013. I think that one is probably past it’s expiration. I’ve got to accept that I really hated my yarn choice for the pattern and that I am not going to want to knit or wear the finished object.